Terms & Conditions
Please read through the terms and conditions carefully as this is the agreement you make as The Hirer.
Travel Insurance is strongly recommended to cover unforeseen circumstances.
‘The Hire Company’ or ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ is Wight Isle Bell Tents.
‘The Hirer’ or ‘you’ or ‘your’ must be over 18 years of age and is the person whose name appears on the booking form, who is hiring the tent and equipment from The Hire Company.
It is ‘The Hirer’ responsibility to ensure that the terms and conditions are adhered to.
‘The Hire Period’ is the period of time from the date and time of arrival on site with the tent/s and equipment, terminating when the tent/s and equipment are dismantled and packed away by The Hire Company.
‘Tent/s’ are the bell tents provided by and erected and dismantled by The Hire Company.
‘Equipment’ is the general term for all equipment provided by The Hire Company for use by the Hirer.
‘Booking’ is the contract entered into between The Hiring Company and The Hirer, once the deposit has been paid and Terms and Conditions agreed by The Hirer.
‘Booking Confirmation’ written confirmation in the form of email from the Hire Company to the Hirer detailing all Tent/s and equipment hired as part of the contract.
‘Hire Charge’ is the fee payable by The Hirer to The Hiring Company for the total amount of the booking invoice including the deposit.
‘in writing’ either email or letter.
‘Damage Waiver deposit’ a returnable security deposit against loss and damage, additional cleaning costs incurred.
What these terms cover.
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply services to you. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your booking form to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
Please read our Coronavirus Pandemic Statement before undertaking your booking with us.
Information about us and how to contact us:
The Hire Company –Wight Isle Bell tents You can contact us by telephone 07929398403 or by emailing us . If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address you provided on your booking form.
All Bookings are subject to these Terms & Conditions, by completing the booking form and paying the deposit (referred to below in the payment section) it is deemed The Hirer has accepted the Terms & Conditions in full.
A Booking is not deemed a contract until the booking form has been received from The Hirer, confirmed in writing by the Hire Company and the deposit has been paid (or the full Hire Charge if less than 28 days from the start of The Hire Period).
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% of The Hire Charge is payable to secure the booking, if not paid then the booking will be deemed unconfirmed.
- The total cost of the Hire Charge is payable 28 days before the start date of the Hire Period, if this is not paid in full, the booking may be deemed as cancelled and the 25% deposit non-refundable.
- A returnable Damage Waiver deposit of £150 per Tent is payable when completing the final payment of the Hire Charge. This will be returned to the Hirer within 7 days of the end of The Hire Period if the terms and conditions of hire have been met by the Hirer.
- The Hire Company reserves the right to cancel the booking at any time if there is a breach of the Terms & Conditions.
- The booking will be cancelled in the event of non-payment in full 28 days prior to the date on whichThe Hire Period begins.
- The Hirer can cancel the booking before the services have been supplied and fully paid for. You may contact us at any time to end the contract for the services, but we will charge you certain sums for doing so:
- 100% of the Hire Charges, if notice of cancellation is less than 28 days prior to the date on which your Hire Period begins;
- 25% of the hire charges due if notice of cancellation is more than 28 days prior to the date on which you Hire Period begins.
- Non-refundable deposits. In the event of cancellation prior to the 28 days before your booking the non-refundable deposit will be used to cover our initial administration costs.
- This replaces our standard cancellation policy – when a booking has to be cancelled due to Government Coronavirus restrictions on households mixing or limitations on the number of people allowed to gather, or limitations on travel, we will either reschedule and transfer your booking to the new dates agreed or issue a full refund for monies paid if you choose to cancel rather than reschedule.
- If you need to cancel due to having been required to self-isolate by NHS test and trace, we will look to reschedule dates for when the isolation period ends or the following season, if this is not possible, we will issue a refund.
The Hire Company:
- undertakes to provide all Tent/s and equipment as detailed in the Booking confirmation.
- undertakes to deliver and erect the Tent/s and set up the equipment shown on the Booking confirmation by the date and time agreed at the beginning of The Hire Period.
- retains the rights of ownership to all Tent/s and equipment supplied by The Hire Company,
- undertakes to dismantle and pack up the Tent/s and equipment on or after the date and time agreed as the end of the Hire Period.
- reserves the right to refuse to pitch the Tent/s if the site is deemed inappropriate or unsafe. In order to be erected correctly the 5m Bell tent needs a plot of at least 7×7 meters.
- accepts no responsibility for damage to pipes, cables and underground services where they have not been informed of the location of the same.
- accepts no liability for loss, damage or theft during The Hire Period. Any loss, damage or theft must be reported to The Hire Company immediately.
- accepts no responsibility for accident or injury caused by persons tripping over guy ropes or tent pegs.
- will provide hired airbeds fully inflated, a spare airbed and pump will be left for reinflating, The Hire Company accepts no responsibility for deflation of airbeds during The Hire Period.
- reserves the right to refuse a booking whilst everyone will be treated fairly and equally.
- will make every reasonable effort to accommodate changes in bookings but cannot guarantee that these will be honored if Tent/s or equipment are not available.
Force Majeure. The Hire Company shall not be liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform our obligations if a Force Majeure Event occurs. A Force Majeure Event is any matter beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation: Storm, flood, fire, natural disasters, Act of God, pandemic or epidemic, accident, transport delay, war, civil war, sabotage or acts of terrorism, government or local government action, government sanction, embargo, labour disputes, including strikes, boycotts or other industrial action, lack of power or other utility.
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that the pitch:
- has adequate drainage and is not prone to flooding, The Hirer will be liable for any damage caused by flooding of The Tent/s.
- does not have any overhanging trees, we will not pitch the Tent/s under trees, if we find on arrival that the site is unsuitable and we cannot find a solution with the campsite we will deem the booking as cancelled.
- that there is a full 7m square pitch for each 5m bell tent and that the site is flat, level and firm.
- any obstructions are removed before The Hire Company arrives to erect the Tent/s. is free from drains, pipes, underground services, overhead cables that may cause obstruction or be damaged.
- that there is access by motor vehicle to and from within 20metres of the pitch.
- Is responsible for ensuring the security and maintenance of all Tent/s and equipment throughout the Hire Period.
- Is liable for costs deductible from the Damage Waiver deposit for any damage, extra cleaning, flooding, breakage, theft of equipment, missing equipment.
- is responsible for obtaining insurance for duration of The Hire Period.
The Hirer is responsible for ensuring the following rules are adhered to at all times:
- The Hirer should not enter the Tent/s whilst the Hire Company is erecting it and setting up.
- The maximum occupancy as stated is not exceeded for each Tent.
- No cooking with gas or electric stoves or heating or any mains electricity appliance is to be used inside the Tent/s at any time.
- No smoking/vaping is permitted inside the Tent/s at any time.
- Barbeques, fire pits and any open fire equipment must be set up and used at least 10metres from the Tent.
- No candles or naked flames permitted inside the Tent/s.
- No animals or pets are permitted inside or near the tent with the exception of Hearing and Sight dogs.
- Airbeds are to be kept inside the Tent/s and jumping is not permitted.
- Shoes must be removed before entering the Tent/s at all times.
- The Hirer is responsible for the supervision of children in and around the Tent/s and equipment at all times.
- The doors must be kept securely zipped up when away from the Tent at all times and the Tent must be secured and shut upon leaving at the end of the Hire Period.
- Any loss, damage, theft or vandalism is reported to the Police and The Hire Company within 24 hours.
- The Hirer is not authorised to move, repair, alter, hang things from or add to the Tent/s or equipment. If the Hirer requires the Tent/s to be moved, there may be additional charges levied by The Hire Company.
- is responsible for ensuring that all rubbish/recycling is disposed off prior to the end of The Hire period and that the Tent/s and equipment are left clean and tidy.
- all property must be returned to The Hire Company at the end of the Hire Period.